MB CHB / MSC. / FRCS (PLAS) / DIP AESTH SURG.
Full name: Garrick Angelo Georgeu
Date of Birth (Age): 16/06/69
Status: Remarried, 2 children, 2 step-children
Education: St. George’s Grammar School 1974-85
Abbott’s College 1986, A aggregate for 6 subjects.
Medical school: University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa
- MB ChB (UCT) – December 1993
- FRCS Part I (I) – May 1997
- FRCS Part II (Ed) – June 1999
- MSc (UCL) – October 2001
- FRCS (PLAS) – September 2006
- Dip Aesth. Surg. – October 2012
- UCT Medical school: Class Medal for clinical methods (3rd year)
- William Fellows’ runner up prize for presentation at
- Norfolk and Norwich Hospital 1999.
- R. H. Sage runner up prize for clinical audit
- Presentation at Selly Oak Hospital 2007.
- General Medical Council NO: 4072531
- Full Member:
British Association Of Plastic Reconstructive & Asthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
International Society of Asthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
United Kingdom Association of Asthetic Plastic Surgeons (UKAAPS)
- PRASIS – 2011/075
- Consultant Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon Chelmsford
and London, 11/10 to present. Full time private.
- Visiting Honorary Senior Lecturer at Anglia Ruskin
University, Chelmsford, UK
NHS CONSULTANT PLASTIC SURGERY APPOINTMENTS
- 26/06/2009 – 26/06/2011 (24m) – Peterborough City Hospital, Peterborough
- 24/03/09 – 24/10/09 (6m) – Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- 12/01/09 – 05/05/09 (4m) – James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
- 01/07/08 – 31/12/08 (6m) – Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham
PLASTIC SURGERY FELLOWSHIPS
- 01/04/08 – 30/06/08 (3m) – Fellow in Breast and Microsurgery. Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex
- 01/01/08 – 31/03/08 (3m) – Aesthetic Fellow. West London Clinic, London
- 01/07/07 – 31/12/07 (6m) – Fellow in Breast and Microsurgery. Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex (Recognised for training by the SAC)
PLASTIC SURGERY APPOINTMENTS
- 01/01/06 – 30/06/07 (18m) – Specialist Registrar in Plastic Surgery. University Hospital Birmingham
- 01/07/05 – 31/12/05 (6m) – Specialist Registrar in Plastic Surgery. Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Birmingham
- 01/04/05 – 30/06/05 (3m) Visiting Plastic Surgery Registrar. Pretoria Academic Hospital, South Africa (Recognised for training prospectively by the SAC)
- 01/01/05 – 31/03/05 (3m) – Specialist Registrar in Plastic Surgery. Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Birmingham
- 01/01/04 – 31/12/04 (12m) – Specialist Registrar in Plastic Surgery. City Hospital, Stoke-on-Trent
- 01/04/03 – 31/12/03 (9m) – Specialist Registrar in Plastic Surgery. Sandwell General Hospital, West Bromwich
- 01/10/02 – 01/04/03 (6m) – Specialist Registrar in Plastic surgery (LAT). Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex
- 10/08/01 – 01/10/02 (14m) – Registrar Plastic Surgery (LAS). Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London
- 01/10/00 – 01/10/01 (12m) – MSc. in Surgical Science. Research postPlastic Surgery Department, UCL, London
- 01/10/99 – 01/10/00 (12m) – Senior House Officer in Plastic Surgery. Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, Norwich
- 01/10/97 – 31/03/98 (6m) – Senior House Officer in Plastic Surgery. Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead
- 06/10/98 – 01/10/99 (12m) – Senior House Officer in ENT and
Orthopaedics, Kent and Sussex Hospital
- 1/04/98 – 05/10/98 (6m) – Senior House Officer in General Surgery
- 01/09/97 – 01/10/97 (1m) – Senior Senior House Officer in ENT
- 01/02/97 – 06/08/97 (6m) – Senior House Officer in Orthopaedics Epsom General Hospital
- 06/02/96 – 15/12/96 (10m) – Senior House Officer in Accident and Emergency, Royal London Hospital – 6m substantive post, 4m locum
- 01/01/95 – 01/01/96 (12) – Senior House Officer (locums)
Royal London Hospital, Paediatrics – 2/52
Guys Hospital, ENT – 4m
High Wycombe Hospital, Paediatrics – 2/52
High Wycombe Hospital, Orthopaedics -1m
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Paediatrics – 1m
Joyce Green Hospital, ENT – 1m
Worcester Royal Infirmary, Obstetrics – 1m
- 01/01/94 – 31/12/94(12m) – Pre-registration House Officer, Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
- G.A. Georgeu, S. Mayfield, A. M. Logan. Lateral digital photography and
- computer goniometry versus standard goniometry for recording finger joint
angles. Journal of Hand Surgery (Br) 2002 Apr, 27(2): 184-186
- G.A. Georgeu, D. R. Ross. Wounds and Scars. Surgery, 2002, 20(6): 139141
- G.A. Georgeu, S. Putnis, J. A. Pereira. Gilles forceps diathermy burns. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002 Apr, 55(3): 263
- G.A. Georgeu, N. El-Muttardi, D. M. Mercer. The role of popliteal fossa dissection in malignant melanoma. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002 July, 55(5): 443 – 445
- G.A. Georgeu, A. Gnanajebamani, N. El-Muttardi. A rash of advanced cutaneous malignancies. GP 2002 October 28th: 75.
- G.A. Georgeu, K.W.D. Ramsey, N. El-Muttardi, B.J. Mayou. Groin dissections in Epidermolysis Bullosa: A report of groin dissection for control of metastatic squamous carcinoma in patients with EB. British Journal of Plastic Surgery,2002 Dec, 55(8): 678-683
- M.C. Wong, G.A. Georgeu, E.M. Sassoon, T.J. O’Neill. A case report of cutis laxa in one of the identical twins. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2002 Nov-Dec, 26(6): 486-9.
- B.J. Challacombe, G.A. Georgeu, N. El-Muttardi. Know your weed. British Medical Journal, 2003 May 3rd, 326: 976.
- K.W.D. Ramsey, G.A. Georgeu, J.A. Periera, N. El-Muttardi. Nasal reconstruction in Yemen with the Converse scalping flap. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 2003 May, 96(5): 230-232
- B.J. Challacombe,N. El-Muttardi. Giant Hogweed burns.G.A. Georgeu, British Medical Journal, Minerva picture, 2003 July 12th, 327: 112
- G.A. Georgeu, N. El-Muttardi. The horn shaped fascio-cutaneous flap usage in cutaneous malignancy of the leg. British Journal of Plastic Surgery, 2004 Jan, 57(1): 66-76.
- B. Challacombe, G.A. Georgeu, N El-Muttardi. Casebook: Necrotising Fascititis. The Practitioner, 2004 September, volume248: 632-636.
- G.A. Georgeu, S. Benyon, N. El-Muttardi, K. W. D. Ramsey, G. Howard. Surgeons signing consent – are we doing enough. Improving clinical practice within a completed audit cycle. Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Skills site at http://www.edu.rcsed.ac.uk/lectures/lt40.htm
- A. A. Shetty, V. S. Kumar, C. Morgan-Hough, G.A. Georgeu, K. D. James, J.E. Nicholl. Comparing infection rates following the closure of hip wounds with metallic skin staples or subcuticular vicryl suture: A prospective randomised trial. Journal of Orthopaedics 2004 December, 12(2): 191-193
- A. McMurtie, G.A. Georgeu, K. Kok, P. M. Davison, V. Carlin. A novel method of closing a tracheo-oesophageal fistula using a de-epithelialised deltopectoral flap. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2005 February, 119(2): 129131.
- G.A. Georgeu, E. Walbeehm, R. Tillet, A. Afoke, R. Brown, J. Phillips. Investigating the mechanical shear-plane between core and sheath elements of peripheral nerves. Cell Tissue and Research 2005 May, 320(2): 229-234.
- G.A. Georgeu, El-Muttardi N. Dealing with the late presentation of advanced cutaneous malignancy. MIMS Dermatology 2006 2(1): 29
- Kok K, Papini R, G.A. Georgeu, A robust central venous line dressing for use in burns. Burns 2006 March, 32(2): 266
- Kok K,
- G.A. Georgeu, Wilson V. Y. The acticoat glove – an effective dressing for the completely burnt hand. How we do it. Burns 2006 June 32(4): 487-9 J. Constantinides, M. Mahmood, G.Georgeu, L. Street. Hospital at home: a plastic surgery/burns model of wound management. MIMS Dermatology 2006 2(3) 27-31
- G.A. Georgeu, Stopping surgical drapes from slipping during pinnaplasty using steristrips. Aesthetic Plastic surgery 2007 31(5): 604-5.
- G.A. Georgeu, and C.Healy. Chapter on skin cancer of the Head and Neck. In the text book Scott- Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck surgery 7th Edition. 2008
- G.A. Georgeu, N. Niranjan. A simple digital symmetry assessment prior to incision. JPRAS 2008, 61 (7): 810
- Caulfield RH, G.A. Georgeu, Niranjan N. A method of protecting the anastomosis in deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap reconstruction. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2008, Feb 24(2): 93-94
- G.A. Georgeu, R. Caulfield, N Niranjan. Salvage of total loss of DIEP and skin envelope in breast reconstruction with tissue expansion. JPRAS 2009, 62 (10): 1293-1298
- Ali S, G.A. Georgeu, Creating easier access to fractures across the PIPJ with a finger wrap. J Hand Surg (Eur) 2010 Vol May 5, 35(4); 324-5
- Khan M, G.A. Georgeu, Niranjan N. Dealing with non-healing; donor site defect following latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flap in breast reconstruction. European Journal of Plastic surgery. 2010, 33: 93-96
- Antonowicz SS, Enoch DA, G.A. Georgeu. Do patients undergoing minor local anaesthetic plastic surgery procedures really need an MRSA swab. J Plas Recon Aesthet Surg. 2011 Oct 10
- G.A. Georgeu, Frame JD Jnr, Frame JD. Conical polyurethane implants: an uplifting augmentation. Aesthetic Surg J 2013 Nov 1; 33(8) 1116-28 Asymetrical breast. Chapter 29 in Aesthetic Surgical Techniques. A case based approach. Elsevier 2018.
- G.A. Georgeu, Asymmetrical breast. Asethetic Surgical Techniques. 2019, Chapter 29: 225-230
Analysis of mechanical interactions between distinct intraneural regions of the
rat sciatic nerve. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 2003; 134(3): S113
The role of the Tensor Fascia Lata flap after groin surgery. Abstract in
Melanoma Research, Volume 11, Supplement 1, page 218.
Exploring the gliding layer in peripheral nerves. Abstract in the International
Journal of Experimental Pathology, 2001, Dec, 82(6), A1.
- ISAPS Cape Town March 2018
- American- Brazilian Aesthetic meeting, Feb 2017
- VII International Forum on Plastic Surgery, Szeged, Hungary September 2015
Polyurethane Breast Implant: Live surgery Symposium, Chelmsford, UK, July 2014.
- Barcelona breast meeting: March 2014.
2nd International Master class on Polyurethane implants and Cosmetic
- Surgery, Dublin, Ireland, July 2013.
- BAPRAS Educational Course in Breast Surgery, Manchester, UK, April 2013
- FRCS Plastic Surgery Exam revision course, Chelmsford, Sept 2016.
- UKAAPS Aesthetic medicine live conference Feb 2016
- Microsurgery skills workshops for junior doctors and theatre staff, Chelmsford, UK 2007
- Basic surgical skills course for GP’s Chelmsford, UK July 2007
- Training course for Botox and Fillers, Birmingham, UK 2007-2008
- The Decolletage Area- the Bermuda Triangle of revision breast augmentation, 24th International ISPAS congress, Miami October 2018
- ADM and the cleavage area in revision breast augmentaion surgery, ISAPS London October 2018
- Brazilian tummy tuck, ISPAS, Cape Town, March 2018.
- Decolletage – the black hole in breast augmentation surgery. Doctors Update Val D’Isere, Feb 2018,
- Modified Brazilian Abdominopasty, American and Brazilian meeting, Utah,USA February 2017.
- Breast augmentation with the advanced biodesign polyurethane coated breast implant; post op problems and capsular contractures. VII International forum on Plastic surgery. Szeged, Hungary September 2015
- Conical implants – an uplifting augmentation. Barcelona Breast meetingMarch 2014
- Conical implants – when I to use and their advantages. I-guide closed neck lift surgery. Both presentations at the 2nd Annual Masterclass on Polyurethane implants and cosmetic surgery, Dublin July 2013.
- Conical implants, affect on breast shape and position. BAPRAS conferenceon Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Manchester April 2013
- Brazilian Abdominoplasty. Body conference, London, November 2012.
- Conical implants –an uplifting augmentation. British association of Aesthetic Plastic surgeons, London, UK, September 2012.
- Breast implants, the FDA 10 year report. International Breast Symposium, Anglia Ruskin University, October 2011.
- The Trampoline Platysmaplasty neck lift. International meeting of Advanced Skin Care, Portugal, September 2011.
- The best evidence for implants and Anaplastic Large Cell lymphoma, Royal Society of Medicine, London, May 2011
- Horn shaped fascio-cutaneous flaps for lower leg defects following cutaneous malignancy. British Association of Plastic Surgeons, October 2002.
- Horn shaped fascio-cutaneous flaps for lower leg defects following cutaneous malignancy. 51st International meeting of the Italian Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Verona, Italy, September 2002.
- Lateral digital photography and computer goniometry versus standard goniometry for recording finger joint angles. Presented at the British Society for Surgery of the Hand, in conjunction with the Belgium group, London, UK, October 2001.
- Do you get the connection? A study of the connections between inner and outer layers in peripheral nerves. Presented at the 3rd Annual Symposium of the Tissue and Cell Engineering Society meeting, Keele, UK, October 2001.
- Exploring the gliding layer in peripheral nerves. Presented at the European Union peripheral nerve repair project meeting, Genoa, Italy, March 2001.
National/Regional / Local
- The Decolletage area of revision breast augmentation, Aesthetic Medicine
Live, UKAAPS Surgeons Day, London, February 2017
- Why I use Polyurethane implants.. Aesthetic medicine live, UKAAPS
surgeons Day, 6th February 2016
- BOPI: Breast operative Instrument. Aesthetic medicine live, UKAAPS
surgeons Day, 6th February 2016
- Breast implant technology and ACLC, Royal Society of Medicine, London,
- Smokescreen test a completed audit cycle on smoking and elective surgery.
Presented at the Douglas Murray West Midland National meeting October
- Should smokers be allowed elective surgery on the NHS? A smokescreen
audit. Presented at the R.H. Sage surgical audit meeting, Selly Oak Hospital,
- Aesthetic surgical training for plastic surgical specialist registrars: a right or a
luxury? Presented at the Douglas Murray West Midlands National meeting
October 2006. 2006.
- Reconstruction for desmoplastic melanoma of the face. Presented at the
Plastic Surgery Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, June
- Isolated cutaneous tuberculosis of the nose. Presented at the Plastic Surgery
Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, February 2002.
- Epidermolysis Bullosa: A surgical challenge. Presented at the Plastic Surgery
Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, January 2002.
- Connections between peripheral nerve layers. Charles Clark Prize, research
presentation competition, University College London, London, May 2001.
- Computer goniometry versus standard goniometry. Presented at the Plastic
Surgery Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, April 2001.
- Septic Arthritis masking underlying Osteomyelitis. Presented at the Plastic
Surgery Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, February 2001.
- A scan a scan my kingdom for a scan. William Fellows runner up prize for
clinical case presentations, East Anglia Region, Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, November 1999.
- Presentation of clinical cases and local audit results in Plastic Surgery and
Orthopaedic meetings during 1999 and 2000.
Presentations of combined work by other colleagues
- Acticoat glove for severe burns of the hands – Presented at BAPS, London
- Mechanical stress testing in flat versus ridged Plaster of Paris. Scientific meeting of the South West IPEM group, Salisbury May 2005.
- Intra-nasal melanoma – A management dilemma. Presented at the European Melanoma meeting and UK Melanoma Study Group, Birmingham June 2004.
- Epidermolysis Bullosa and Squamous cell carcinoma – A review of thirty years work. Presented at BABS, Newport, Wales, July 2003.
- Analysis of mechanical interactions between the distinct interneural regions of the rat sciatic. Presented at the Society of Experimental Biology meeting, Southampton, 31st March – 4th April 2003.
- A persistent sinus discharge as a complication of post sternotomy dehiscence. Presented at the Plastic Surgery Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, March 2002.
- The converse flap 1942-2002. Presented at the Plastic Surgery Seminars at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, February 2002.
- Should smokers be allowed surgery on the NHS? A smokescreen audit.
BAAPS, London, September 2007
- Aesthetic surgical training for plastic surgical specialist registrars: a right or a
luxury? BAAPS, Bath, UK, September 2006.
- Ridged POP backslabs: Does it improve the casts’ strength? Xth Congress of
the Federation European Societies of the Hand, Gothenberg, Sweden 15-18
- Persistent sinus as a complication of median sternotomy. 51st International
meeting of Italian Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Verona,
Italy, September 2002.
- Aggressive SCC of the temporal region. 51st International meeting of the
Italian Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Verona, Italy,
- A prospective randomised comparison of skin clips with a sub-cuticular suture for the closure of hip wounds following hip fracture surgery. Presented at the South East Thames Circuit meeting, Tunbridge Wells, November 2001.
- Exploring the gliding layer in peripheral nerves. Presented at the British Matrix Biology meeting, Manchester, April 2001.
- The use of the tensor fascia lata myo-cutaneous flap in groin surgery. Presented at the 5th International Melanoma meeting, Venice, Italy, February 2001.
- ISAPS 24th International Congress meeting, Miami October 2018
- ISAPS Aesthetic Breast surgey Symposium, October 2018
- ISAPS Cape Town, South Africa, March 2018.
- PRASIS managing the risk profile of your private practice – London, UK
- Aesthetic Medicine Live, UKAAPS Surgeons Day, London, UK, February 2017
- American- Brazilian Aesthetic meeting, Utah, USA February 2017 CCR Expo, London, UK, October 2016.
- Aesthetic medicine live, UKAAPS surgeons Day, London, UK, 6th February 2016
- Cosmetic interdisciplinary meeting Chelmsford, UK, December 2015
- Polytech Advanced course on Polyurethane Breast surgery, London, UK, October 2015.
- London Breast meeting, September 2015
- VII International forum on Plastic surgery Szeged, Hungary September 2015
- London Breast Meeting 4-5 September 2015
- Polyurethane Breast Implant: Live Surgery Symposium, July 2014, Chelmsford, UK.
- Barcelona Breast meeting, March 2014.
- 2nd Annual Masterclass on Polyurethane implants and cosmetic surgery, Dublin July 2013.
- BAPRAS conference on Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Manchester, UK, April 2013
- Body conference, London, UK, November 2012
- BAAPS, London, UK, September 2012
- ISAPS 21st international congress, Geneva, Switzerland, September 2012
Breast implant scientific conference, Anglia Ruskin University, UK, October 2011
- 3rd international meeting of advanced skin care “ advanced medical
aesthetics” Caldas de Rainha, Portugal, September 2011
- BAPRAS, London, UK, December 2010
- Allergan Breast Reconstruction course, London, UK, November 2009
- Breast Reconstruction Course, Nottingham UK, September 2008
- IPRAS, Paris, France, January 2008.
- International Breast Lipo-sculpture meeting, Birmingham, UK, October 2007.
- West Midlands Douglas Murray National meeting October 2007
- BAAPS London September 2007
- 14th International congress of IPRAS, Berlin June 2007
- BAAPS Bath, September 2006
- BAPS London, November 2005
- International Federation of Facial Plastic surgery, London May 2004.
- BAPS/BOA, Birmingham September 2003.
- BAPS, Newport, June 2003
- BAPS, London, November 2002
- 51st International meeting of Italian Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgeons, Verona, Italy, September 2002.
- BAPS, Royal Free Hospital, London, July 2002
- Melanoma study group, winter meeting, London, January 2002
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand, in conjunction with the Belgium group,
- London, UK, October 2001
- The Cutting Edge of Plastic Surgery, Cambridge, UK September 2000
- Royal Society of Medicine, Plastic Surgery seminars, 2000-2003.
- ILS certificate Chelmsford, UK, Februrary 2016 September 2017/8/9
Aesthetic surgery course 24-26, Nov 2015 Bucharest Romania
- Intermediate life support course, Chelmsford UK, September 2014
- Intermediate Life Support Course, September 2014
- I-Guide Instructional course and live surgery, Chelmsford June 2013.
- 2nd Silimed international workshop in excellence in body contouring, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2012
- Juvaderm ultra advanced theory and injectable techniques, July 2011
- 5th international workshop of breast augmentation and reconstruction by micro fat grafting, Berlin June 2011
- Advanced non-surgical aesthetic course, Anglia Ruskin University, June 2011
- I-Guide neck defining suture training day, Chelmsford, January 2011.
- Botox training course, London May 2007.
- Restylane theory and practical filler course, Birmingham May 2007.
- Hammersmith Interview Course, London May 2007.
- RSM study day: Aesthetic surgery, London April 2007.
- Canniesburn Pre-fellowship course, Glasgow July 2006
- RSM study day: Aesthetic surgery, London May 2006.
- ATLS re-verification course, Harrogate May 2006
- Educational programme in plastic surgery, “Breasts”, Manchester March/April 2006
- RSM: MCPJ and PIPJ joint replacements, London April 2006.
- RSM: Vascular anomalies the Oxford experience, London March 2006.
- IGAP: in the crease flap course, February 2006.
- RSM: future of Breast reconstruction, London January 2006.
- RSM Study day: MAC facelift, December 2005
- 9th International course in Perforator Flap surgery, Barcelona October 2005
- RSM Non-Surgical facial rejuvenation, London September 2005
- Fundamental techniques in Burns reconstruction, London February 2005
- Instructional course in Hand Surgery, Manchester, January 2005
- Management awareness course for Specialist registrars, October 2004.
- RSM Trunk and Breast reconstruction, June 2004.
- RSM Nasal Reconstruction, a masterclass with G. Burget, April 2004.
- Instructional course in Hand Surgery, Manchester, Jan/Feb 2004.
- 7th International course on perforator flaps, London, October 2003.
- Instructional course in Hand surgery, Manchester, June 2003.
- Instructional day in aesthetic surgery, Royal Society of Medicine, May 2003.
- Instructional course in Hand surgery, Manchester, January 2002.
- ATLS, Guilford. August 2001. Accepted for instructor’s course.
- Microsurgical course, Northwick Park, London, November 1999
- Care of the critically ill surgical patient, RCS of England, January 199
- FRCS course, Whipps Cross Hospital, London, March 1998
- Basic surgical skills course, King’s College Hospital, London, June 1997
- Radiation protection training certificate, Birmingham, June 1997
- Slome course in the pre-clinical sciences, London, September –December 1996
- ATLS, Royal London hospital, June 1996
- BOPI: Breast operative instrument – a preoperative marketing tool, designed,
manufactured and trademarked.
- Set out an on-going database for free flap surgery in trauma and head and neck cases. Pretoria South Africa 2005.
- Mechanical assessment of the strength of ridged Plaster- of- Paris casts in the
clinical setting of backslabs following extensor and flexor tendon repair.
- Development of standardised operating hand sheet, St Thomas’ hospital 2001.
- Development of VAC therapy protocols, with the tissue viability nurse, St Thomas’ Hospital 2001.
- Completed a MSc. in Surgical Science studying the relationship between inner and outer layers in a peripheral nerve 2000/1.
- Digital photography and computer goniometry uses in Hand Clinics 1999/2000.
- Development of a pre-admission sheet for the Plastic surgery department,
Norfolk and Norwich hospital 1999.
- A retrospective comparison of morbidity and mortality in groin dissection
surgery with or without a groin flap, in the Plastic Surgery Department at the
Norfolk and Norwich Hospital 1999.
- A 5-year retrospective study of Thyroid surgery at the Kent and Sussex
- A prospective randomised trial comparing the rate of infection in clips verses subcuticular vicryl in traumatic hip operations at the Kent and Sussex Hospital 1999.
- Developed a questionnaire on the management of Pagets’ disease. Sent to all breast surgeons in the United Kingdom. Data is presently being analysed by the Maidstone Breast care group 1998.
- Proposed a standardised consent form for breast reduction, Queen Victoria hospital 1997.
- Involved in data collection as a House Officer at Groote Schuur hospital in Cape Town, South Africa of: Epidemiological profiles of a patient with proven stomach cancer; and the acute biochemical changes in patients with pancreatitis. Both sets of data have been published 1994.