Revision Augmentation & Mastopexy
26yr old who underwent a sub-muscular differential breast augmentation in Dubai 5 years previously. The patient was never happy with the size (too big), shape and look of the breasts. Presented wanting a reduction in size and an uplifted breast.
Please note that revision breast augmentation surgery is often not easy as there are a number of factors to
1. The previous anatomical factors as mentioned above for primary augmentation.
2. Placement of implant i.e. above or below the muscle
3. The implant capsule – scarring that occurs around the implant
4. Type of implant
5. Changes of the breast tissue since previous augmentation i.e. thinning of the breast tissue and or drop of the breast tissue off the implant.
6. Trying to compromise by using bigger volumes and not having an Uplift, may result in a visible implant (to touch and feel), increased risks of rippling and further surgery such as an uplift.
Please note that aiming for perfection in a breast augmentation is not realistic as the biggest determinant of your outcome is what your breast looked like prior to surgery. A surgeon can use the same implant in different patients with very different results.